I. Archival Collections
- Abbotsford Growers Cooperative Union
- Alberta Archives
- Annual Reports of the Department of Agriculture for the Province of
- Annual Reports of the Department of Economic Affairs
- Amish Historical Library (AHL), Aylmer, Ontario
- Archive Nationale, Paris
- Records of the International Refugee Organization (IRO)
- Archives of the Mennonite Church, Goshen, Indiana (Send email)
- Harold S. Bender Papers
- Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities records
- Mennonite Central Committee records
- Mennonite World Conference records
- British Columbia, Department of Agriculture, Annual Reports, 1935-1971.
- Centre for Mennonite
Brethren Studies in Winnipeg
- Fuersorgekomitee Protokolle (Board of Spiritual and Social Concerns)
Minutes and Correspondence of the Northern (Canadian) District Mennonite
- Benjamin B. Janz Papers
- Board of Christian Education records
- Mennonite Brethren Bible College records
- Minute Books of various Canadian Mennonite Brethren Churches (on
- A. A. Unruh Papers
- Yearbooks of the Northern (later Canadian) District Mennonite Brethren
- Yearbooks of the General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches of
- Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies in Fresno
- Fuersorgekomitee minutes and correspondence of the North American
- Mennonite Brethren Board of Missions and Service records.
- Columbia Bible College (CBC), Clearbrook, British Columbia
- Minutes of the Mennonite Brethren Churches of British Columbia.
- Newspaper clippings file dealing with Mennonites in British Columbia
- A. A. Wiens Papers
- Conrad Grebel College Archives (CGC), Waterloo, Ontario (Send email)
- Calendar of appointments of the Mennonite Church of Ontario
- Conference of Historic Peace Churches (CHPC) records
- Conrad Grebel College records
- Frank H. Epp papers
- J. B. Martin paers
- Mennonite Conference of Ontario records
- Military Problems Committee records
- Protokollbuch des Hochschul Komitees (Yarrow)
- Taped recollections of a Workshop on "Home Missions, held at Conrad
Grebel College on 5 October 1989.
- Department of National Defence, (DND) Directorate of History files,
- Deutsches Bundesarchiv, Koblenz, Germany.
- Bestand 6 Records of the Reichsministerium fuer die besetzten Ostgebiete
- Bestand 59 Records of the Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle
- Records of the Organization for the Military Government of Germany
(United States) (OMGUS) (on microfilm)
- J. H. Enns autobiography entitled "Dem Lichte Zu! Erinnerungen aus
meinem Leben," made available by members of the family.
- International Red Cross archives, Geneva, Switzerland
- League of Nations Archives, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Records of the League of Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Kleine Gemeinde/Evangelical Mennonite Conference (EMC) Archives,
- Mennonite Educational Institute, Clearbrook, B.C.
- Protokolle des mennonitischen Erziehungs-Institutes
- Mennonite Heritage Centre (MHC),
- Gerhard Lohrenz papers
- Canadian Mennonite Bible College records
- Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization (Board of Colonization) records
- Mennonite Pioneer Mission records
- I. G. Neufeld papers
- J. D. Nickel Papers
- Walter Quiring papers
- J. J. Thiessen papers
- Vertical Files (various subjects)
- National Achives of Canada (NAC), Ottawa, Ontario
- Manuscript Group (MG) 26, J., William Lyon Mackenzie King Diaries
- Manuscript Group (MG) 26, J., William Lyon Mackenzie King papers
- Record Group (RG) 2, Privy Council records and Orders in Council
- Record Group (RG) 13, Department of Justice records
- Record Group (RG) 14, Records of Parliament
- Vol. 653, Appendix to the Journals of the House of Commons to
accompany the Fourth Report of the Standing Committee on Public Accounts
- re Japanese claims.
- Record Group (RG) 19, Department of Finance records
- Vol. 589 Department of Finance, Sale of Dominion of Canada Securities
- Record Group (RG) 22, Department of Northern Affairs and National
- Vol. 82, Mennonites and conscientious objectors
- Record Group (RG) 24, Department of National Defence records,
- Vols. 2028-2029, Treatment of Conscientious Objectors
- Vol. 741, National relief agencies, including some Mennonite relief
- Record Group (RG) 25, Department of External Affairs records,
- Vol. 3004, Report of the British Columbia Security Commission
- Vol. 1724, Mennonites returning from Mexico
- Record Group, (RG) 26, Citizenship and Immigration records
- Vol. 122, Return of Mennonites from Mexico, 1930-1950.
- Record Group (RG) 27, Department of Labour records
- Vols. 275-276, 966, 3028, 3038, 3041, various files pertaining to
Canadian immigration policies and their impact on labour and employment
after World War II
- Vols. 991, 131, 132 and 285. Alternative Service workers
- Vol. 1501, Conscientious Objectors, Mennonites, 1941-42
- Vol. 1514, Mennonite Agricultural Advisory Committee, 1943.
- Record Group (RG) 28, Department of Munitions and Supply records
- Vol. 149, Mennonite Agricultural Advisory Committee, Altona Extraction
of Soya Bean oil, 1943.
- Record Group (RG) 29 Department of National Health and Welfare records
- Vol. 29, Canada Pension Plan, Mennonites Amish and Hutterites.
- Record Group (RG) 30, Canadian National Railways records
- Various files dealing with Mennonite settlement and colonization,
mainly in British Columbia and northern Alberta
- Record Group (RG) 33/69, Royal Commission to Investigate Complaints of
Canadian Citizens of Japanese Origin who Resided in British Columbia in
1941, That Their Real and Personal Property had been Disposed of by the
Custodian of Enemy Property a Prices Less that the Fair Market Value,
- Record Group (RG) 35/7, Vol. 21, Interdepartmental committees
- Vol. 21, "Historical Account of the Wartime Activities of the
Alternative Service Branch, Department of Labour, 11 April 1946.
- Record Group (RG) 38, Department of Veterans Affairs records
- Vol. 403 and 404, Veterans' Land Administration purchase of Japanese
farms from the Custodian of Enemy Property.
- Record Group (RG) 39, Department of Forestry records
- Vol. 41, Alternative Service and Conscientious Objectors, 1940-41.
- Record Group (RG) 64, Wartime Prices and Trade Board records
- Various files dealing with agricultural products, including files on
the grain trade and on berries in British Columbia
- Record Group (RG) 76, Department of Immigration records, particularly
Vols. 160-161, 173- 176, 195-197, 855.
- Record Group (RG) 80, Vol. 22, Board of Grain Commissioners, File re
Mennonites working as grain handlers, 1943-44.
- Record Group (RG) 88, Vols. 20, 41-47, Surveys and Mapping, including
Alternative Service Camps and Conscientious Objector Camps
- Record Group (RG) 117, Custodian of Enemy Property, Microfilm reels
C-9434-35 and C- 9470-71, and Vol. 1, File 2.
- Personnel Records Centre, Military Service records
- Public Archives of British Columbia
- Manuscript by Rigenda Sumida
- Newspaper index and files re Mennonites
- T. D. Regehr papers, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Anonymous handwritten manuscript entitled "Die Flucht as dem
Wartegau 1945," together with related and supporting documents, made
available by George K. Epp.
- "Exodus" painting and manuscript by Agatha Schmidt
- Personal recollections and correspondence of Helene Dueck, Clearbrook,
- "Dem Lichte Zu! Erinnerungen aus meinem Leben," by J. H. Enns,
made available by members of the family.
- Manuscript by Frank H. Epp, entitled, "One Mennonite in Politics. A
Personal Statement in response to many inquiries," 1975.
- Manuscript by Harold Jantz entitled "Closing of Coaldale Mission
Announced, 2 September 1966.
- Manuscript by Peter H. Regehr entitled "Wogen und Wellen in der
Drangsalsperiode in der Mennonitischen Bruedergemeinde zu Coaldale um die
- Manuscript by Cornelius Krahn entitled "The Ethnic Origin of the
Mennonites From Russia Now Displaced Persons," from the David G.
- Manuscript by Jash Leewe entitled "Onnse Ieaschte Missjoonsreis
ooda Waut je emma fonn'ne Missjoon weete wulle oba kjeena junt fetalle
- Manuscript by Peter Penner on the history of Mennonite Brethren
missionary work in India.
- Saskatchewan Archives Board (SAB)
- United Church Archives, Victoria College, Toronto
- Board of Home Missions
- United Church of Canada, Manitoba Conference, Digest of Minutes and
Proceedings of various conferences.
- United States National Archives, Washington, D. C.
- Record Group 59 Records of the Department of the Secretary of State
- Record Group (RG) 260, Organization for the Military Government of
Germany (United States) (OMGUS). Many of these records are the same ones
that are also available on microfilm at the Deutsches Bundesarchiv,
Koblenz, but the Washington collection has been screened and rearranged.
- University of British Columbia Archives
- University of British Columbia Library, Agriculture and Forest Products
- Weierhof Mennonitische Forschungsstelle, Weierhof, Pfalz, Germany
- Christian Neff papers
- Records of Christenpflicht
- Records of the Hilfswerk der Vereinigung der Deutschen Mennoniten.
- Benjamin H. Unruh papers
- Unsorted materials pertaining to the care and accommodation of refugees
from the Soviet Union, Poland and Prussia. These include reports on the
various "Betreuungsbezirke," and of various "Gruppenbetreuer"
Return to Bibliography Table of Contents
Last revised by Sam Steiner,
25 March 2003